Todd C. Theodora
Todd Theodora is the Chairman and CEO of Theodora Oringher, a nationally known law firm with offices in Los Angeles County and in Orange County, California.
For years, in a polling of California attorneys, Todd has been named to a number of “Best” lists featuring the state’s top attorneys.
Todd was admitted to the Bar in 1985, and, as lead counsel, he has tried over 50 cases to jury verdict. He practices in every area of business and commercial litigation, and has been lead counsel in many high profile matters, including “bet the company” cases. He has been featured on network television, and portrayed in national news magazines including Newsweek, Time, US News and World Report, and Life in connection with his handling of litigation and legal issues of national consequence. He has extensive experience working with in-house and outside public relations firms, including firms specializing in crisis communications.
Todd was one of the attorneys who represented Monica Lewinsky in the President Bill Clinton matter.
Todd served as lead trial counsel for the Angels baseball team in the suit brought by the City of Anaheim against the Club concerning the team's use of the name "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim." The City also sought more than $300 million in damages against the team. He obtained a defense jury verdict for the Club.
Todd has represented numerous other clients in high profile, high stakes trials including the Orange County Register newspaper and Freedom Communications, POM Wonderful, Union Pacific Railroad, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Goodyear/Dunlop Tires and the County of Los Angeles to name a few.
Todd was recruited by Stanford Law School to teach in the field of Advanced Trial Advocacy. The Stanford Law students have chosen Todd to be lead advisor to Stanford's elite, traveling mock trial team.
Todd worked closely with the former Arnold Schwarzenegger administration, and was a part of the team that brought about workers' compensation reform in California in 2004.
Todd regularly advises elected officials on issues affecting businesses, education and public policy.
Todd is admitted to practice in California. He is also admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Central, Southern and Northern Districts of California. He is active in the American Board of Trial Advocates, the American Bar Association, the Orange County Bar Association, and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
For years, in a polling of California attorneys, Todd has been voted one of the top 50 lawyers in Orange County, California. Todd is listed in Best Lawyers In America, and has a peer review rating of "AV" with Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating. In the 1990s, the Daily Journal named him to its list of California's Top 20 Attorneys Under the Age of 40. In addition, he has been recognized by the Daily Journal as "tops in his field," and as a leader in the California Trial Bar.
Todd has served as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Tiger Woods Learning Center, and he also chairs the Earl Woods Scholar Mentor Committee. He is a founder of the Tiger Woods Foundation, and he currently serves on the Foundation’s five person Executive Committee. He is active in a number of other civic organizations and charities. He was a founding Board member and officer of Shady Canyon Golf Club.
Todd was a competitive surfer and was captain of his college's surfing team.
Todd is on the faculty of the Advocacy Skills Workshop at Stanford Law School. The student participants have chosen him to serve as the lead Advisor to Stanford's successful traveling Mock Trial team. He has also been featured in Stanford Lawyer magazine for his leadership with the school's Advanced Trial Advocacy Programs.
Todd is a frequent lecturer on trial advocacy and has been selected to participate in Masters in Trial programs affiliated with the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Todd C. Theodora Named To Southern California 2017 Top 50 Orange County Super Lawyers List Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Named To 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers List Read more >
- Theodora Oringher PC Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 Read more >
- Todd C. Theodora Named To Southern California 2016 Top 50 Orange County Super Lawyers List Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Named To 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers List Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorney Honored as Top 50 in Orange County in 2015 Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorney Honored as Top 50 in Orange County in 2014 Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as 2014 Southern California Super Lawyers Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorney Honored as Top 100 in Southern California and Top 50 in Orange County in 2013 Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as 2013 Southern California Super Lawyers Read more >
- Todd C. Theodora Will Be Speaker at OCBA Business Litigation Section Meeting Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as 2012 Southern California Super Lawyers Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as Top 50 in Orange County in 2011 Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as 2011 Southern California Super Lawyers Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Honored as 2010 Southern California Super Lawyers Read more >
- Theodora Oringher Attorneys Recognized as Among Best in Nation Read more >