Marc Berkemeier has over twelve years experience representing health care insurers and governmental entities in such complex litigation matters as class actions, unfair competition, misappropriations of trade secrets, and labor and employment issues.
Marc's recent successes include securing a favorable settlement for a major California health care service plan in a class action brought on behalf of plan subscribers alleging unfair competition claims related to the application of certain plan deductibles.
Prior to joining Theodora Oringher PC, Marc was general counsel for, and board member of, Los Angeles based Progressive Beverages, Inc.
During law school, Marc served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Stephanie Duncan-Peters in the DC Superior Court, and following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Bohdan A. Futey in the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, DC.
- Successfully defeated plaintiff's motion for class certification for a large public entity in a complex, multimillion dollar putative class action brought on behalf of former patients at a public hospital alleging violations of the surgical standard of care
- Secured a favorable settlement for a major California health care service plan in a class action brought on behalf of plan subscribers alleging unfair competition claims related to the application of certain plan deductibles
- Represented a major California health care service plan in class actions brought on behalf of plan subscribers challenging modifications made to plan agreements
- Successful summary judgment defense of client supervisor against racial harassment, retaliation, and emotional distress claims
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of client cross-claims against former employer for unfair competition and tortious interference with prospective economic advantage